Since our inception Funding Neuro have been focusing on reliable methods of delivering drugs and therapeutic devices through the blood brain barrier to where they will do most good. The major issue facing the people who are developing drugs to be used in the treatment of neurological disorders, is the blood-brain barrier, which is a protective wall around the brain.
The research we have been funding involves the use of a catheter-based system which pierces the blood brain barrier and carries the medication to exactly where it is required…
safely, reliably and repeatedly.
The catheter-based system delivers a growth factor (GDNF) for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease, however the system can also be used in the treatment of brain tumours, MS, Motor Neuron Disease, Alzheimer's, and more.
Having already kick-started the GDNF trial (now nearing the end of Phase 2), we are currently focused raising the £900,000 needed to treat children with DIPG brain tumours (delivering chemotherapy direct into the tumour) for which there is otherwise no cure, and children have a life expectancy of 7-9 months from diagnosis. Currently 5 children are being treated compassionately and the initial results are astounding.
You can only apply to one Affiliate Charity at a time. For further information on how the Charity Entry process works please see our Charity Runner FAQs.
Please click on the event you would like to participate in:
2019 Big Fun Run
- 2019 Big Fun Run Liverpool >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Manchester >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Nottingham >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Leeds >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Glasgow >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Edinburgh >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Gateshead >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Middlesbrough >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Sheffield >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Derby >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Brighton >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Southampton >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Birmingham >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Coventry >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Ipswich >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Milton Keynes >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Maidstone >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Dartford >
- 2019 Big Fun Run London (Crystal Palace Park) >
- 2019 Big Fun Run London (Victoria Park) >
If you already have your Own Entry, you can pledge to fundraise for Funding Neuro via your My Details account.
Simply log in and click on the link next to your entry.
Please click here to view our Charity Runner FAQs