0141 848 0308
Huntington's Disease (HD) is a hereditary degenerative disease which causes acute mental illness and complete physical dependency. First symptoms usually start at age 30-45 with death following 15-25 years later. Every person born into an HD family has a 50:50 chance of inheriting the disease. About 5,000 people in Scotland are symptomatic or at risk of developing the disease.
The Scottish Huntington's Association is the only organisation in Scotland providing specialist services in the community for people whose lives are affected by HD. Our aim is to significantly improve ‘quality of life’ through effective care and emotional support for people with HD, their carers and their families. We do this through:
Regional HD Care Specialists providing long-term care management and emotional support.
A specialist Youth Project providing mentoring and befriending for people aged under 25.
A dedicated Palliative Care Trainer working to improve care provided by other agencies.
Empowering individuals and families to establish Family Branches and Support Groups.
Please choose the Scottish Huntington’s Association as your beneficiary charity, and help us to continue providing expert care and support to families in Scotland living with this devastating disease.
You can only apply to one Affiliate Charity at a time. For further information on how the Charity Entry process works please see our Charity Runner FAQs.
Please click on the event you would like to participate in:
2019 Big Fun Run
- 2019 Big Fun Run Liverpool >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Manchester >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Nottingham >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Leeds >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Glasgow >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Edinburgh >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Gateshead >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Middlesbrough >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Sheffield >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Derby >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Brighton >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Southampton >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Birmingham >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Coventry >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Ipswich >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Milton Keynes >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Maidstone >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Dartford >
- 2019 Big Fun Run London (Crystal Palace Park) >
- 2019 Big Fun Run London (Victoria Park) >
If you already have your Own Entry, you can pledge to fundraise for Scottish Huntington's Association via your My Details account.
Simply log in and click on the link next to your entry.
Please click here to view our Charity Runner FAQs