The Chronic Granulomatous Disorder (CGD) Society is the leading global charity dedicated to providing information and support to all those affected by CGD. The charity funds a clinical nurse specialist at Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children and responds to enquires from all over the world.
The CGD Society is based in the UK and was originally registered as a charity in 1991 under the name The Chronic Granulomatous Disorder Research Trust. Over the years, the charity has transformed from a small parent support group into a leading global source of information on chronic granulomatous disorder.
CGD stands for Chronic Granulomatous Disorder. It is a life-threatening and life-limiting condition.
It used to be known as Chronic Granulomatous Disease and doctors sometimes still use this name.
People with CGD can’t fight bacterial or fungal infections effectively.
It is a genetic condition so is passed from our parents. It can also occur due to a random mutation in your DNA.
We rely heavily on individual fundraising and donations to help us continue to offer the range of services and support we provide to the CGD community both here in the UK and abroad. To find out more about the work we do visit our website www.cgdsociety.org
If you choose to take part in the Big Fun Run for the CGD Society you will receive
Entry fee: £20 per participant (payable to the CGD Society) non-refundable
Fundraising target: £80 per participant
So get those running shoes on and run, jog, walk or skip your way around a Big Fun run event for the CGD Society.
You can only apply to one Affiliate Charity at a time. For further information on how the Charity Entry process works please see our Charity Runner FAQs.
Please click on the event you would like to participate in:
2019 Big Fun Run
- 2019 Big Fun Run Liverpool >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Manchester >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Nottingham >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Leeds >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Glasgow >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Edinburgh >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Gateshead >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Middlesbrough >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Sheffield >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Derby >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Brighton >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Southampton >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Birmingham >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Coventry >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Ipswich >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Milton Keynes >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Maidstone >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Dartford >
- 2019 Big Fun Run London (Crystal Palace Park) >
- 2019 Big Fun Run London (Victoria Park) >
If you already have your Own Entry, you can pledge to fundraise for CGD Society via your My Details account.
Simply log in and click on the link next to your entry.
Please click here to view our Charity Runner FAQs