CMT United Kingdom is the UK's national support group for people affected by Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease, also known as Hereditary Motor and Sensory Neuropathy.
This rare condition does not affect the teeth, but is named for the three doctors who discovered it! It is a neurological condition affecting the nerves to the arms and legs - damage to these nerves causes muscle wasting, and a variety of subsequent problems with mobility and dexterity. Rarely, people can be severely affected and lose the ability to walk completely.
We provide information, advice and support to help people cope with this condition. We do this by way of a website, Facebook page (fb.com/cmtuk), through a magazine, leaflets and other publications and a popular Annual Conference.
We're a very small charity, and every penny we use to fulfil our objectives is raised by our wonderful members and supporters.
We will provide what support you can if you would like to undertake any of these "Big Fun Runs" for CMT United Kingdom - we can help with publicity, with providing an official running shirt or t-shirts, and anything else we can think of. Just contact us for help.
Thank you for reading!
You can only apply to one Affiliate Charity at a time. For further information on how the Charity Entry process works please see our Charity Runner FAQs.
Please click on the event you would like to participate in:
2019 Big Fun Run
- 2019 Big Fun Run Liverpool >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Manchester >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Nottingham >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Leeds >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Glasgow >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Edinburgh >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Gateshead >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Middlesbrough >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Sheffield >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Derby >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Brighton >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Southampton >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Birmingham >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Coventry >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Ipswich >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Milton Keynes >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Maidstone >
- 2019 Big Fun Run Dartford >
- 2019 Big Fun Run London (Crystal Palace Park) >
- 2019 Big Fun Run London (Victoria Park) >
If you already have your Own Entry, you can pledge to fundraise for CMT United Kingdom via your My Details account.
Simply log in and click on the link next to your entry.
Please click here to view our Charity Runner FAQs