The UK Coronavirus lockdown means that we’re all isolating from home. This also means extra pressure for parents to keep the kids entertained! We’re a few weeks in, therefore it’s likely you’ve already heard the words “I’M BORED” a few times already! Here’s a few suggestions to keep the little ones busy…at least for a few hours!
- Keep them active It’s important to burn off some of that energy they wake up with! If you don’t have a garden where they can stay entertained with ball games for hours, why not try PE with Joe Wicks? He holds a 30 minute live PE session for all ages on his YouTube channel, Monday-Friday.
- Your outdoor hour Include your children in your allocated hour of outdoor daily exercise by taking them on a walk, a jog or a bike ride and have fun as a family while staying active.
- Get baking Although it can be a bit of a messy process, baking always provides a bit of excitement for kids. You can start simple with a cupcake kit or why not try one of the many banana bread recipes out there at the moment? Get creative!
- Embrace their creative side Colouring books, paint by numbers, some freestyle drawing, see what they can do! Maybe they’ll uncover a hidden talent!
- Get gardening If you’re lucky enough to have a garden, aren’t there some gardening chores you’ve been meaning to tackle for months? Well, now you’ve got some little helpers! Get them involved with the weeding, planting new flowers and maybe even cutting the grass.
- Keep the mind busy Introduce your kids to the world of jigsaws. Hard or easy, they’re a great way to keep the mind active and provide a great sense of achievement by the end!
Above all, it’s important to remember that you’re parenting during a national pandemic, so just do as best you can, and make sure you give yourself a break every now and then. We’re all in this together. Stay home. Stay healthy. Stay safe.